Greetings, my fellow lost souls:
October is upon us. And if you are like me, you would think this is most likely the most wonderful time of the year. I would love to be able to do something to celebrate this season.
The first thing is a little bit of good news. The details have been negotiated and now all of our folders has a limit of one piece of artwork per day. We have decided to open our doors wider to allow more of your creative works in, sooner.
The second thing is a little big of a challenge. A good number of you would probably have heard of "Inktober". Some of you may be looking for a source of inspiration that would spur you onward and forward. There are a large number of such "Themed Challenges" out there already, but there is always room for one more, wouldn't you say? And since we are all slaves to our passions, what is a better challenge than trying to express ourselves through art and talent?
Without further ado, here are the prompts:
The Fears that Drive Us: A Litany of Phobias
1. Acrophobia: The fear of heights.
2. Agoraphobia: The fear of open spaces.
3. Mysophobia: The fear of dirtiness/uncleanliness.
4. Cynophobia: The fear of canines/dogs.
5. Necrophobia: The fear of death (one's own death or death in general).
6. Coulrophobia: The fear of clowns.
7. Hemophobia: The fear of blood.
8. Glossaphobia: The fear of public speaking.
9. Nyctophobia: The fear of darkness.
10. Pteromerhanophobia: The fear of flying.
11. Trypanophobia: The fear of needles/injections.
12. Emitophobia: The fear of vomiting (or watching others vomit).
13. Xenophobia: The fear of outsiders.
14. Aliurophobia: The fear of felines/cats.
15. Nomophobia: The fear of losing mobile connection (internet and/or data).
16. Astraphobia: The fear of lighting and thunder.
17. Carcinophobia: The fear of cancers.
18. Batrachophobia: The fear of frogs and toads.
19. Sociophobia: The fear of social interactions.
20. Vermiphobia: The fear of worms.
21. Eisoptrophobia: The fear of mirrors or reflective surfaces.
22. Entomophobia: The fear of insects.
23. Somniophobia: The fear of sleep or going to sleep.
24. Ombrophobia: The fear of rain.
25. Globophobia: The fear of balloons (or balloons popping.)
26. Ergophobia: The fear of work.
27. Tetraphobia: The fear of the number "4".
28. Orinthophobia: The fear of birds.
29. Ephebiphobia: The fear of youth and teenagers.
30. Trypophobia: The fear of irregularly-appearing holes.
31. Samhainophobia: The fear of Hallowe'en.
I hope you will find this list both challenging and inspiring. Even if you do not use it for Inktober, or indeed your art is not in the visual field, we still hope that this short list will interest you and inspire you. And if you decide to take on this challenge, please let us know. We would be more than interested to see what you have come up with.
Good luck, and uneasy dreams.